Spend The Day At Children’s Museum Of Richmond-Fredericksburg
Who said learning couldn’t be a blast? During the summer break, take your little one for a day at the Children’s Museum of Fredericksburg. This interactive space features lots of exciting, learn-through-play exhibits that are as fun as they are educational. Not to mention, it’s an easy way to keep the kids entertained without breaking the bank.
If you’ve never been to the Children’s Museum, check out the details below. We’ve included everything you need to plan the perfect day-trip!
Hours & Admission
Located at 1275 Jefferson Davis Highway in the Eagle Village Shopping Center, The Children’s Museum in Fredericksburg is open 7 days a week from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. Admission is $9.00 a person for children and adults ages 1 to 59. Children under 1 are free and admission for seniors is $8.00.
Museum memberships are also available and are offered at different levels. These are:
- Multi-Year Membership – Free admission to any museum location & special events for a minimum of two years for two legal guardians and up to six children under the age of 18 living in the same household. Special pricing on birthday parties and 10% discount in the gift shop.
- Annual Membership – Free admission to any museum location & special events for one year for two legal guardians and up to six children under the age of 18 living in the same household. Special pricing on birthday parties and 10% discount in the gift shop
- Patron Membership – Includes all standard member benefits listed above, as well as one guess pass, one free birthday party, invitations to patron-only events, discounted prices for the annual gala, and a 20% discount in the gift shop. Additionally, children get two free passes for friends during their birthday month.
The Children’s Museum also offers special scholarship passes for low-income families. Contact the museum administrators to see if you qualify.
You might also like: Enjoy A Girls’ Weekend In Fredericksburg!
The Children’s Museum in Fredericksburg features 12 interactive exhibits that run the gamut between fine motor skill development, imagination and creativity, and problem-solving. Here’s everything your child will have the chance to experience.
- Air Tubes – Send pom-poms and other soft objects flying through these powered plastic tubes. Great for developing hand-eye coordination.
- Automotive Area & Dig Pit – Climb a mountain of tires or dig, sift, and build with loose materials.
- Diner – A fun, make-believe space modeled after a diner. Kids can come up with their own creations and serve them to their parents!
- The Dentist Office – Kids can imagine themselves as dentists, play with x-rays and other dental tools, and learn good brushing techniques.
- Construction House – Build walls, hammer away, and more!
- Union Bank – Count cash, write checks, and pretend to work in a bank while learning about money and math.
- Tot Spot – Interactive playspace for toddlers and crawlers.
- Future Me – Tech-driven exhibit that allows kids to snap a picture of themselves and then drag and drop different clothes and uniforms to see how they look!
- The Star Bright Stage – Includes a ticket booth, costumes, lighting box, puppet, and more! Kids can create their own characters and put on a play for mom and dad.
- The Book Nook – A quiet, comfortable space for reading with your little one.
- The Grocery Store – Complete with mini-shopping carts, play food, and checkout lines to teach your child about food and nutrition.
- The Art Studio – Draw, paint, mold, sculpt. The Art Studio is a great space for your child to create and express themselves.
As you can see, there’s tons of fun to be had at the Children’s Museum, and we hope you’ll take some time this summer to visit. Of course, you’ll need a reliable vehicle to get you to and from, so if you’re in the market, come by Safford Kia in Fredericksburg and check out our awesome selection of new and used Kia models!